Monday, August 11, 2008

Girls Camp! And..A lot Humbled and A lot Overwhelemed

So last week was Girls Camp. It was so much fun. I hiked table rock, and I really had a few ah ha moments while doing it. I felt really strong, and I was super excited to make it to the top. We had a lot of fun things to do and I got to know everyone, both girls and leaders, a lot better, and my love for them truly grew.
















So for the second part of the post, last Sunday I was called to be Young Womens President. I know, I know, but it's not a joke. So if anyone has any tips, I could sure use them. I'm very excited and I think I will really enjoy it, but there is definitely going to be a learning curve. I told the bishop he's going to have to be patient with me, but he thinks I'll do okay. So here we go. I'm always open for suggestions!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I struggle with being patient with men, (see your post) but I'm sure the bishop will have no problems being patient with you. Becky! I am so thrilled for the girls in your ward. How lucky they are to have you as their leader! And how lucky you are to be able to help guide them in such a hard time of life. I'm jealous! How great! You'll be in my prayers, but your talents with people are TOTALLY suited for this calling. Love ya.

Tiffy said...

Beck, I am so excited for you and for the girls in our ward! I have heard all the crazy stories from girls camp and can only image the silly trouble that is in store for you and them! hee hee love you!

Sycamore Girl said...

Some of the most influential women in my life were my YW leaders. And they didnt even know it. You just wait- you have not a clue just how many girls' lives you are going to have an impact on. You'll be great!

Larsen said...

Becky,

Honey, I haven't got a clue as to how to help you. But you don't need my advice. The Lord will tell you everything you want to know if you ask.

But you know that.

Good councilors make a huge difference, and you have got some good, no great ones! Love you!

Gina

Red Head Family said...

Becky-camp was so fun!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it! I am excited for your new calling and how you will help the girls grow!