Sunday, August 24, 2008

SUPER DISAPPOINTED...

In this girl.

Nick said I had to post about me, so here goes. The marathon did not go as planned. If you check the website it will tell you that I finished in 4:35, not true. At mile 20 my hips gave out on me. I can't describe the feeling, but it hurt and I couldn't move. They trucked me in the last six miles and let me walk across the line, that's why it registered me with a time. They gave me a medal, which I didn't deserve. Many people have said that 20 is great, but I didn't sign up for 20, I didn't train for 20, and I am disappointed. I cried a lot yesterday and some today. It wasn't what I was hoping for. So I'm getting my hips checked out, again, and I will complete a marathon this year. I have to. So there's how it went. Still super SUPER proud of Nick, he was amazing!

8 comments:

Larsen said...

Only a fool woudl think about being disappointed in you. YOU are a fantastic person. And in the same light, I can understand the dissappointment that you didn't finish it the way you wanted.

Funny, your pregnancy went the same way, but the end result was the same. A priceless love of your life, and in a marathon--a memory.

I wish life went the way we wanted some times, and then I think, what if it did???? Gosh, I don't know but I am pretty sure I wouldn't be where I am today.

The same goes for such an AWESOME GIRL --BECKY!!!!

Love G

ourbanksaccount said...

We want to know when you are going to run another one so we can try to be there to cheer you on!!! Lets do something soon!

Lindy Lue said...

That raelly sucks! we are sorry to hear that! keep your chin up and you can get her done!

Valerie said...

No Way! I can imagine the frustration. The Top Of Utah Marathon is the last week in September...maybe that would be a good one. Twenty is very impressive - I know if you did 20 you will be able to do 26 when healthy. You definatley should not be sad...it was just a trial run...a test to see if Nick could really do it :) I guess the real test will be to see if he is willing to do it again! You guys are awesome - and a real inspiration to me!

Tiffy said...

Umm NOT!! Becky you are the bomb!! Twenty miles in a killer time!! It wasn't you that gave up!! Remember!! I have NO doubt that you will do a whole marathon so just add this to your awesome training!!! Love you

Red Head Family said...

I can't even run more than maybe 2 miles, so don't think of yourself that way. I think you are great for doing 20 but I understand how you are in it for the long haul and had it cut shorter than expected. Such if life I'm learning. As Greg Baczuk said a few weeks ago-he doesn't believe in coincindences.

Katie said...

Total bummer. Sorry about your hips, girly. Get those checked out- and let us know when the next one is. We want to come watch you both, and we'll take lainee!

Mike said...

THAT IS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT...THERE IS NO SHAME IN 20! You'll get it done soon.