Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Incredibly random wanderings...

Friday is our sixth anniversary, so we're going to pretend like we're rock stars and stay at The Grove on the top floor, should be fun!
This is a fort Nick and Lainee built after church a few weeks ago. Lainee is thouroughly enjoying life at Grandma's and Grandpa's house. A few of her favorites at the moment are "Grandma's kids" aka her cousins. They come over every Wednesday, and it's the best day of the week for this girl! She loves nursery and talks about Sister Bench all week long. She also loves to eat Fruit Loops while singing "The Rainbow Song" Love this kid!

This was our last date in Idaho Falls. We went to Avatar with the Aikeles. I loved it, Nick hated it. Typical for us, we can never just love the same thing :) P.S. We miss you, Aikeles, and we're ready for a visit!

I got my hair cut today, no picture, just a normal haircut, but I've decided I will never go anywhere but a beauty college to get my hair cut. What would have cost me $80 normally, not including tip, cost me $20! They didn't touch my hair until consulting with an instructor. And at the end, when it looked pretty good but not perfect, the instructor took the scissors and fixed it! It's impossible to get a bad haircut there. And if you have had a bad experience at a beauty college, please don't tell me, I'm still so happy about how cheap it is.


I'm absolutely loving this book. It makes me think, and I like that.

Nick has had several interviews here in Boise. Nothing yet, but we're hopeful! He has started sending resumes anywhere in the west, we just need a job. So who knows, we might move again, or we might not. If you live in the general western United States and you'll give my husband a job, we'll come see you!
I'm almost afraid to say it out loud thinking it will jinx it, but we're in a contract on our house. We should be closing next week! We're going to lose some money in it, but we still consider this a huge blessing.

We're just enjoying spring, flying kites, and had our first picnic last week, so life is good!

3 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

Hay kid, really great to see you writing on your blog again. I love your blog. It makes me smile. So happy about your house and gonna pray that Nick gets a job SOON! I hear ya sister. Sure do love ya!

Tiffy said...

Miss you miss you miss you! What a fun little anny idea! Hope you guys have tons of fun! I really miss Lainee she looks so big!! We are still crossing our fingers that you guys are going to come down when your house closes. . . Hmm I might have to come up with a plan to get that to happen. AND I love getting my haircut at beauty colleges! I am proud of you Beck--you little deal finder. I thought it would be scarier but it is like a group project and a steal of a deal! I don't know about the other stuff like coloring or perms or whatever that might be a disaster but I like the hair cuts!! Talk to you later!!

Katie said...

find a job in phoenix!!! come live with us