So I've been having a really hard time with our move to Boise. It's weird, I didn't think I would, but now it's here, and I am. Nick doesn't have a job, mine is up in the air, we don't have a home there, because our home here won't sell, so his parents are GRACIOUSLY letting us crash their basement. We're leaving friends that I don't even have words to say how much they mean to us, I could go on all day about this topic alone, but I digress. I've been having a seriously bad attitude. The thing about it is that we've prayed about this. We've both received confirmations that Boise is where we should be, I don't know why, but we have. So if that's where we're supposed to be, why is it so hard?
So the wake-up call. I was reading this month's Ensign, fabulous by the way, but a particular article hit me like a ton of bricks. It's the one by Elder Holland, The Best is Yet to Be. He talks about Lot's wife and how she was turned into a pillar of salt, not just because she looked back, but because that's where she wanted to be. So here's the quote that smacked me in the face
"So a more theological way to talk about Lot’s wife is to say that she did not have faith. She doubted the Lord’s ability to give her something better than she already had. Apparently, she thought that nothing that lay ahead could possibly be as good as what she was leaving behind."
So here's my lesson learned. I need to have faith that even though I'm leaving behind things that make me cry when I think about it, I must have the faith that the Lord has even BETTER things in store for our family. No more Lot's wife for me, I got the memo.
So looking forward, along with being happy about my situation and the blessings that my family has, I will:
Be better about my scripture reading, and not just the reading, but really doing my best to learn and grow from it every day.
Tone up. I don't want to lose a lot of weight, I'm in a size 6, and that's a size I'm happy with. But I just want to get some muscle tone and maybe look a BIT better in that 6.
Make my marriage a love story. I'm going to be better at showing my love for my husband, and we're going to have that sappy kind of love that you see in the movies that you cry about. That's right.
Those are a few on my list of many, but I'm excited. I'm ready to start exercising my faith a little more, and I'm excited to finally have good attitude. Wow, I really wasn't out for a novel, sorry about the long, boring read. But really, read this month's Ensign, it's really good.

11 comments:
I'm sorry its been a rough go for you guys. I really liked Elder Holland's article as well. It helps put things into perspective and helps us re evaluate our Faith. Good on you for seeing it as it applies to you right now. Things will come to fruition soon enough for you and you'll think to yourself, what was I ever upset about?!
Hang in there girly.
Seriously, wanna go to Sacramento?
One more thing.My friend from Boise...who moved to TX and had NO idea what they were going to do there...sort of same boat as you guys...)
Read what they have to say and it may help keep you focused on your goals. ALL the posts are amazing- life changing even if put into practice.
http://frommiddleclasstomillionaire.wordpress.com/
I get it! Seems like with all the moves we make, the ones I am the most excited about we stay the shortest and end up wrong for some reason or another. And all the moves I drag my feet a bit and try not to make friends or invest myself in anything or anyone end up being my most favorite and bonus I meet even more amazing people to add to my friends who live everywhere.
Hard times are just that hard! But they do help you appreciate the best things you have. Keep that chin up! Love You
Thanks Becky! I think that I needed that too! It is amazing what happens when we take the time to "Be Still" and realize who we are. Everything will fall into place. I love you!
okay okay. GO to Boise Visit often and always know I love you and am here to listen! You are an amazing young lady and you have a wonderful amazing husband and words just aren't good enough to talk about Lainee!
Glad that you are keeping your chin up. I wish I was there to give you a big hug and take you for a coke and french fries...Keep the faith sister....
Oh Becky I have seriously had you on my mind all week. Hope that doesn't sound weird, but I have. What a great message you shared. I just sent you an email hope it gets you excited! Danielle
Hey Beck,
Hang in there! We've all felt the same way at some point in life. You and Nick already have a love story romance, you set such a good example for Dan and I all the time!
Wish we lived in Boise so I could take you out to lunch. (I think you've paid, like, the last six times.)
Love you
Katie
I am sorry you are having a hard time. I know the feeling. LEAVING the Boise area to come here 6 years ago was super hard. I struggled with depression enough that my doctor and Kyle were really worried. We lived with Kyle's parents too in the basement, I was pregnant, and totally friendless (Which might seem like a lie but it's true. Ask kyle.)
Thankfully, the best was yet to be. . . and in time, with lots of exercising my faith and a little help from my doctor, we moved out of Kyle's parents basement, had a home, had a healthy baby boy, and I made new friends (one of which was you!). I hope your experience is better than mine and you find the best is yet to be.
In hindsight, I miss those friends dearly that I made in Boise. Thanks to facebook we aren't lost in all aspects, but you know what will happen with time and distance. Friendships will fade. That does suck. I hate that I lost touch with you, Aikele's Kunz's, and Ellsworth's due to a simple ward boundary change.
Miss you and hope you have a better day!
All my love,
Gina
great lesson learned! we love you and are glad that your coming our way! glad that we will get the chance to be beter friends.
Becky, I'm so glad we got to serve in YW together and I got to know you better. You will be missed by me! And remember, you do have family here, so when you come to visit them make sure to call your YW friends so we can go to dinner again. That was so much fun! I may try a lettuce wrap sometime in honor of you, but I do love my bread. :) Thanks for the sweet gift, I'll let you know when I earn mine, so happy you got yours! When you pass by DQ and have a frozen hot chocolate, think of my and I'll do the same!
Love Ya!!
Post a Comment