Sunday, May 10, 2009

Look What I Got!

So Nick and I were very blessed when we got married and received dishes, glasses, plates, silverware, bowls, the works. But I've always wanted some for special occasions that I just LOVED. But it's just one of those things that never tops your priority list when it comes to money. Well, for Mother's Day, Nick gave me some money and sent me to the store to pick out some dishes! I was so excited, I had a blast shopping, and it was fun to figure out what I liked. I got to pick new plates, glasses, place mats, and cloth napkins. What I picked is not what I thought I would have picked, it's funny when that happens with me. For instance, the plates, I didn't know I liked square plates, but apparently I love them! Who knew? So without further ado, here are my fun fancy plates, and we'd love to have you for dinner any time!!

Now I know you're looking at the glass thinking, Becky, that is the most boring plain glass I've ever seen, but you'd be wrong, my friend. They're super cool, they wave, it's not a straight glass. I know you can't tell, so come on over for a drink.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun place setting! Glad you got such a grat Mother's Day gift! You are such an amazing Mom! Love ya

Larsen said...

I love the colors! Brown and Aqua are awesome togeter!

We will be over! One day we are going to come walk your neighbor hood for our FHE and we will stop by for a drink, indeed!

Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day. Can't imagine life without your huband, but it's even harder to imagine somedays without your kids!

Esp. Lainee--She is so cute!

Gina

Katie said...

YUM! I'd eat anything you make, Becky! But I love those plates. And thos glasses? Whoa! Never seen anything like them! Do they have to be full to stand up, or are they weighted or something? Awesome!

Great gift Nick!

Sycamore Girl said...

I open my cupboards and all I see is multi-colored Tupperware, I say to myself: "Self, I need some fancy adult china." ...ah me. one day.
So glad you've got it now! Happy Mothers Day!

Red Head Family said...

How fun for you. I seems like it takes me while to figure out what I like but when I do I love it. Thanks Nick for money-that's usually what I'll take.

Tiffy said...

Um I am SUPER Duper mad!! That dang Nick! He is too thoughtful! The last time we came home from your house I was all gitty cause I knew exactly what I was going to get you for your birthday!! NOW you have done it yourself!! Shoot! Well you picked out better stuff than I would have anyway! Super cute!! Happy Mommies day!

ps you looked super cute in your new dress!!!

Sissy Jackson said...

Girl, I am totally diggen it all. When can I come for dinner? And I LOVE the glasses!!! You have great taste. What happened to your Sister? Man...she was born to have NONE! Love ya!

Sissy Jackson said...

Oh, dont tell her I said that ok? Actually she already knows what I thinkkk but...you know..dont want to rub it in do we!

Sissy Jackson said...

hay my little friend. totally jealous that you get to visit the A! A great and fun series is the #1 ladies detective agency. Start with book one. by....cant remember. Another great book is pillars of the earth by Ken Follet. its big but you will be hooked by the 2nd page. Same author different book...At worlds end or something like that. Another big one but really good. I just finished Angels & Demons again by dan brown that was a good and really fast read. Time travelers wife is totally naughty but my fav of all time. The Russian Concubine was really good. Wild swans was good. My email is jacksonsissy@yahoo email me and I'll get you some more ideas...have so much fun.