Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What is this world coming to?

So what is this world coming to, when someone can afford to just leave a convertible out in the snow, making sure that it gets completely ruined? (This is a real picture we took. This was around the corner from my mom's house over the Christmas break.) What is this world coming to when a 19-month-old knows how to work an Ipod touch? She scrolls through the pictures, she puts in the headphones, listens to music, loves to watch the You Tube video about the 5 Little Ducks? Oh what awesome parents we are that we encourage all this instead of having her play with blocks or scribble, I know, we're bad.

Life is good for us right now, very crazy, but good. Nick is enjoying this semester of school, he only has one more after this, which is way exciting! I'm busy with work and Lainee and with Young Womens. It seems to consume so many different aspects of my life. But I love my girls and I love the women I work with, so it's good.

Yesterday for Family Home Evening we delivered Valentines to our friends, and it was a lot of fun. Nick thought I was dumb when I bought them, but I seriously can't remember the last time I gave a Valentine to someone besides Nick. So even though he thought it was stupid, he ended up getting into it and thought he was pretty funny. Good times in the Martin life right now!

7 comments:

Katie said...

So funny, becky. I can't believe how big Lainee is! And an Ipod touch? I dont even think I've ever touched one of those!

Wish you well with everything!

alisekelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alisekelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alisekelley said...

Hey atleast you know she is a smart little girl! Glad things are going good!

Larsen said...

YOu are so hilarious Becky! Cate can run Kyle's cell phone better than I can...so yes, what is this world coming to!

It's fun though to see them learning--regardless of what they are learning.

You are a great mom to Lainee so don't sweat the small stuff and an Ipod Touch is pretty little!

We are crazy busy too, but doing well!

Hope things keep running smoothly for you!

Gina

Tiffy said...

Hee hee Loved the valentines. Joshy was blushing when he read his!
I cannot believe that picture of the car! That is awesome!
Love Lainee and I love her obsession with ducks--even the quacking durning sacrament meeting! ha
Love you

ATT Hickson said...

Oh, that's where I left my convertible! ha ha. I can't believe that! Cute idea with the valentines... I'll have to do that next year.