Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa or Jesus?

So Lainee is getting very good with names and matching those names to people. She can tell you lots and lots just by looking at pictures. So she knows Jesus very well, she can pick him out of anywhere, and I mean anywhere. But after I wrapped my cupboards with some Santa wrapping paper she pointed and says, "Jesus." So then we talk about how that's Santa, she doesn't care. Then she saw a Star Wars thing with Obeonekanobe, points and says, Jesus. So what we've figured out is that anyone with a beard is Jesus, it's that simple. Oh, well, we'll figure that one out.
On another note, we had our ward party last night and Santa made a surprise stop. Lainee was hilarious! She followed him around that entire gym, just watching. She had the best face the entire time. However, when he saw her and started walking toward her, she freaked out, got an even BETTER face, and ran. It was the best thing I've seen in a long time! So then the real Santa left, but they did have a statue of a fake Santa that Lainee and I decided to take a good hard look at. After a lot of strange looks, Lainee and I have decided, that he really is kind of creepy, and it's okay if we don't like him just yet :)


5 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

I love her little brilliant mind. Beard=Jesus. makes sense to me! :) Lainee is beautifully bashful- aren't you glad you are the one who gets to make her feel safe?! Lucky duck.

Larsen said...

That is too funny! Bearded men are Jesus, she should see my Dad then!

Hope you guys are well! Miss you!

Gina

ATT Hickson said...

I'm trying to warm my little guy up to pictures of Santa before attempting to put him on Santa's lap for a picture. But that idea isn't such a good one. I completely agree with you... some Santa's are creepy looking!

alisekelley said...

i loved reading this! How cute!

Sissy Jackson said...

Becky,Your kid is so CUTE! She has grown so BIG! I miss you kid!