Sunday, November 30, 2008

We love vacation!

Well, as you can tell by the lack of blogging, we have been crazy busy. But after work work work and study study study, we got a wonderful week-long break. We went to Boise for Thanksgiving, and it was great to spend time with both family and friends! Some highlights were of course the great company all week long, the great food on Thanksgiving, the great finds on Black Friday, the BSU game Friday night and gingerbread on Sunday. It was a very busy week, we were doing a lot of playing, and it was just an all-around good time. We left Lainee with grandma and went to the Boise State v. Fresno game on Friday night. We had a great time just spending some time together, and it was a great game! After the big win, we got to rush the field (one of Nick's major goals in life). We were up close with lots of players and Coach Pete, and it was just a fun experience! Go Broncos!!
The gingerbread was interesting this year. It started out so perfect. We painstakingly frosted and took a toothpick to create brick on our house this year. Then after that we spent quite a while applying Nerds one by one for the lights, and then it went a little crazy. We decided to split the house in half. I got the front and one half, and Nick got the back and one half. As a result, the shingles are different on each side of the roof;it snowed on the front and one side of the house; the back and the other side have a satellite dish with a really bad wiring job and wires on the house, an antenna, a gummy bear football game, and a tower. I'm still not sure what the tower is about, and when asked Nick says, "It's a tower!" Well, I know, Nick, but why. "It's a tower." So there you have it. We had a great week, and we love vacation!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Yeah for fabulous holiday/vacation time

Red Head Family said...

Sound like a great week!!! We missed you. Glad you had fun and Nick was able to cross a dream off his list!

Tiffy said...

Umm welcome back to the blogging world!! WE've missed you! hee hee
I am glad that you had a fabulouso weekend/holiday. It was much deserved! Glad that you went to the game and had a great time. It is always a treat to be able to rush the field and enjoy the sweat from the players isn't it! hee hee I also love the gingerbread estate! Too funny!

alisekelley said...

It is nice to get away. Looks like it was a great getaway.

Katie said...

Uh first off, BECKY, you are getting so thin! You look so much like Dave! SECOND, i MISS MISS you guys so much. THIRD, I love the tower, as soon as I saw it I thought, "that is so nick". So funny.

Welcome back to the blog world!

Mike said...

Awesome time! The game must have been wild.

Sissy Jackson said...

You go girl. I miss seeing your cute face at Dalicias. Your kid is so cute! Time for ANOTHER! Love ya kid!