Monday, October 13, 2008

Run for the Cure


Well last Saturday was the Run for the Cure. It was a bitterly cold morning with wind, and after we got home the snow started coming, but it was fun. We ran with the Aikeles, whom we love, and then we went to breakfast at Smitty's, always a good time. I don't know our times, because they didn't tell us then, and they haven't posted them yet, but Josh flew by all of us, Nick and I finished together, and Tiffy was right behind us. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we did it! FYI, next year we want to have a team, and we need 10 participants or more, so anyone who wants to is more than welcome. And if we have a team we all get our own color of shirt just for our team!
And any ideas on winter exercise? My hips won't let me be on the treadmill, they need some time to heal, but I want to keep toned. Any ideas?

7 comments:

ourbanksaccount said...

I don't know about winter exercise but i do know that we need to have play date!

Carol said...

I would try Turbo Jam. Not only will you stay toned but it is a great work out!

Sycamore Girl said...

Would cross-country skiing be gentle enough? I love to do this! Also snowshoeing is great. Hard work. I would recomend getting in the pool for a zero-gravity (almost) workout. Join a water-aerobics class or just do laps.
I'm open to joining your team for next year- it sounds fun! Minus Idaho weather!

Tiffy said...

Ahh!! I totally want a copy of that picture. That was an awesome experience for us. I am sooo glad that you guys did it with us. Thanks for letting us copy you and start running! Thanks a million for helping us train and for the mace! hee hee You guys are an inspiration to us! We are so glad that we have best friends across the street! How did we get so lucky?! Love you!

Red Head Family said...

I want to be on the team. Let me know what you decide for exercise. I am trying to run 2 nights a week and I try to walk in the am 3 days a week. Right now I can run for 5 minutes without stopping-the reason I'm not doing anything sooner than next spring. I don't like to run because I weeze for a couple hours after ward but I think it's just something my lungs need to become accustomed to. I would be up for any advice and help!!

alisekelley said...

How fun! I am trying to get Austin to run a marathon with me. So far my begging hasn't worked. Maybe someday though!

Melissa said...

Hi Becky...I saw you blog on Danielle C's and thought I'd say hi! Hope all is well with you guys!