Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fondue

So tonight we threw our very first fondue party. I'm a goomba and didn't take any pictures, but it was a lot of fun. I made a chocolate and a caramel fondue, and then everyone that came brought things to dip. It was a blast! We had brownies and cookies and pumpkin bread and marshmallows, pretzels, peanut butter balls, apples, strawberries, bananas, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. It was nice to sit with friends and dip treats for the night. I would recommend a fondue party, lots of fun, and I think we'll do it again. This all started because I saw a fondue pot I wanted years ago but it was like $200 and Nick said no way. It was at a tupperware party. So I started saving, and then I threw a tupperware party and sold enough that I got to purchase one item for half price, and this was my moment! So I got a super fancy fondue pot three years ago, and Nick recently was making fun of me because we haven't used it, not once. So it got its first use tonight with the caramel, and hopefully now that I've done it once, many more uses to come! It's so nice to have good friends and some new friends we don't know well yet but hope to know better soon! We are so blessed to be near such good people, and such fun people!

On a completely different note, this Saturday Nick and I will be running the Run for the Cure 5k here in Idaho Falls, all the proceeds go to breast cancer, and we will be running with some great friends. This is a full circle moment for us, seeing as how the Run for the Cure last year was our very first 5k ever, and look at us now, a marthon under the belt, and the 5k we ran two weeks ago, both of us pulled in our best times ever, Becky, 30:15, and Nick, 31:35. We feel like we've come a long way and it's exciting for us. Amazing at how the goal last time was 45 minutes, and the goal this time is under 30! Wish us luck! And I would challenge everyone to get involved, there's 5ks all over the country for the run for the cure on Saturday. Go run and support a great cause! Sorry for the long post, when I started it, I really didn't think it was going to be this long.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Fondue Parties are the BEST!

Katie said...

Uh, anyone save me any??

Our race for the cure is on Sunday this year. LAME-O!

Tiffy said...

I loved the Fondue!! Thanks guys for hosting a fabuloso party! I am so glad that you guys didn't move. I think I tell Joshy that like every day. "I am so glad that the Martins didn't move!" hee hee