Thursday, January 27, 2011

She Might Be Mine :)

So I'm often told how Lainee looks nothing like me. It's true, she doesn't. But every once in a while she does things that solidify she's totally my child. Today she made us laugh so hard, and I don't want to forget. I have this sweet dance party CD in my car, and one of the songs is I Need a Hero, you know that awesome '80s song. Lainee loves it, she sings to it and knows all the words. She always makes me smile. But today all of us were in the car when she asked for that song. As it was starting she announced, After I'm done singing, you need to clap for me because I'm a star. Can't argue with that kind of logic! Then in the middle of the song Nick and I were talking and she abruptly stopped singing to scold us. When a star is singing, you don't talk.
She's my child. :)

5 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

i agree-she looks nothing like you! :) :) i get that all the time with garrett!! he's a spittin image of his dad! however, there are a few things that he does and i catch a glimpse of myself! :)
she's got a funny personality!! she reminds me of my 3 year old niece! love it!

Matt and Jessie said...

How funny! She is such a cutie! Love your family picture!!

Red Head Family said...

i know how that is-none of my kids look like me! but several act like me-not always a good thing-congrats on the baby too!! maybe this one will look like you!

Sissy Jackson said...

THAT is GOOD!

Katie said...

lool! love it!