Sunday, April 11, 2010

I got my medallion!!!

I've been working on my medallion since I was called as the young womens president. I finished it, and before I could schedule my bishop's appointment, I was released, and we moved. I just figured, well, I know I earned it, that's good enough for me. But once we were settled, Nick called the bishop, and when I thought I was going to a temple recommend interview, it turned into a personal progress interview. So I passed, and today I got my medallion! It's so pretty! I'm just so glad that I finished it and that I had a chance to be in Young Womens, I just love my girls! Funny story, they gave it to me during opening exercises in Young Womens, and the bishop said, Nick would you escort your wife, yadi yadi yadi. And the girls instantly say awwwwww. Then they hand the necklace to Nick to put on me and all the girls said awwwwww. Who knew a medallion could be so romantic?



But life always seems to go on. So today, right after they presented me with it, I ran to primary and did my first week as the primary music leader. It was so much fun! I think this calling will be fabulous. The kids were nice to me, and I've already had spent WAY too much time on the Internet looking for ideas, but I'm excited!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

You are fun! Congrats on the medallion. Those kids are super lucky to have you for their leader! Sissy is the music leader in her ward, you could give her a call.

Sheila said...

Wohoo! Yep you will love that calling. That's the job I want when I am released from R.S. SO BAD! YOU"ll do great!

Larsen said...

Congrats Becky! That is a wonderful accomplishment. I was the Primary chorister for a little over a year a few years ago in our old ward. It is fun, and yes, you do spend forever on the computer hunting down ideas.

You will do wonderful with those kids. Primary songs will outlast most primary lessons. You will play a vital role in their lives.

Hope you are all well.

Love,
Gina

Sissy Jackson said...

Holy crap...Dont you just LOVE YW? I love that they thought it was romantic. I am the Primary music girl in my ward. Its the BEST calling in the WHOLE church! Lets switch ideas...LOVE YOU KID!

Alicia said...

By the way, your eye brows look fantastic! Who is your brow girl?

Sycamore Girl said...

Where can I trade my GOLD medallion for a silver one?
Primary is rockin!

Boyters said...

You are so awesome!! congrats on finishing!!!
wish you were still here.

Lindy Lue said...

really wonderful! and i agree with holly...yours is cooler than mine!