Friday, September 18, 2009

Rodney Atkins

So a week before the Rodney Atkins concert, I heard a little contest on the radio so I called in and spelled three words right and got qualified to win tickets and meet and greet passes. I thought, yeah right, everyone and their dog is qualified. Well I won! We were so excited to go and actually get to meet Rodney! We had a good time at the concert, but the meet and greet was pretty lame. It bugs me when singers forget that their famous BECAUSE of their fans. His manager walked out and said, please don't take any pictures of your own, we'll take a picture for you and put it on our website, and then you can pay $10 if you want it. LAME! So then Rodney walks out and says hey y'all, and that's it. The line moves, people pause and get a picture taken and keep moving. So we got the picture off the website and here it is. Still super fun that we can say we went backstage to something! And it was a good concert.
Nothing too exciting to report, we're just getting back to life. Nick started school last week, YAY for his last sememster. It's going to be a tough and busy one, but it will be worth it. Our house is for sale, so if you want to buy it, we'll give you a steal of a deal! Lainee is just getting bigger and smarter every day, she's growing up way too fast and is getting way too smart. If she calls for us, Mami and Papi, if we don't answer in 1/2 a second, she promptly starts yelling, Becky, Nick, until she has our full attention...really? That will be fun. But really, life is just happy for us right now, we're glad to be where we are!

7 comments:

Red Head Family said...

Fun concert-yah you would think pictures would be free-duh! LAinee is cute0I"m excited to hear her talk more. What are you selling your house for?

Andrea said...

ya meet and greet!!! So where did you find the pic though???? mspiggy381@hotmail.com thanks

Sycamore Girl said...

Silly famous people and their managers. Where can I get a manager? Seriously- I have people ALWAYS just getting in my business, wanting pictures with me and cramping my style!
I want to know what two words you spelled correctly! Don't you just want to go enter into a spelling bee now? You'd totally rock it. I mean, because of your experience and all!

Katie said...

Why are you selling your house??

Lindsay said...

Becky! This is Lindsay Stoker from BCRI (or what was, lol). I saw your link on Katie's blog. She is a common friend so I thought it would be you. My blog is http://thestokerbunch.blogspot.com/

What is up? Are you reporting? I am doing CART for BYU - going on my third year now. I am taking the RPR in November - we'll see...

Email me at stoker.lindsay@gmail.com sometime if you would like too. I would love to hear how you are doing.

alisekelley said...

Well that is cool that you won and you got to go back stage. Where are you guys moving?

m & m burt said...

Becky...NIck...Do I have your attention? haha That is cool that you won backstage passes but way lame they charged for pics! Anyways why are you selling your house? We need to plan a trip to meet up with you guys! long time no see! Hope all is well! Love Mikey and Meghan