Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Probably Time For An Update

Oh where does the time go?!? I don't abandon my blog on purpose, it just seems to happen. No super fun pictures this go round. We've been pretty busy around here. First of all, we found out that Baby #2 will be another beautiful little girl. Party at our house! Actually really cute story. We took Lainee to the ultrasound. We figured she's almost four, she understands what's going on, and we thought she would like it. And she did, she thought it was cool. But suddenly the tech got a smile on her face and looked right at Lainee and said, "You're going to have a little sister!" Poor Lainee, she hung her head and started crying. Nick had to comfort her and tell her it was going to be all right. She really wanted a little brother named Henry. We can thank cute little cousin Henry for that desire. Who wouldn't want him? She's now warming up to the idea and contributing name ideas. She even offered to share her blanket with her sister. But it was quite funny.

Next, we are leaving Bozeman. I'm still kind of in shock. I was sure we would be here for at least a few years. Long story short, Nick was promised some things when he was offered this job, and the company just didn't follow through. After some negotiating, we realized we just couldn't stay. So he started sending out his resume, and the rest is history. He sent his resume March 8th, had a phone interview March 9th, a second phone interview March 11th, on-sight interview March 18th, and offered the job two hours later on the 18th. And his first day of work is April 11th. My head is just spinning. We are very grateful for this new opportunity, and I'm grateful that he has options. I know this economy is rough, and I know this is a huge blessing. I'm just trying to grasp it all. I've also taken the opportunity to get anything I want from him since he is making me pack a house and move while pregnant. So I have to take advantage and get spoiled!

So we move this Friday. We are headed to Rupert, Idaho. I don't think we could get any more in the middle of family if we planned it. We're two hours from Boise, and an hour and a half from Shelley. I have a cousin there that's my age, so that will be fun to get to live close to her. So if you ever need a place or just want to visit Rupert, call me up!!

I will post pictures of all the crazy soon!

4 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

Wow you have a lot on your plate!! Congrats on the baby girl. That is so exciting! Sounds like Lainee is coming around. My boys both cried at the ultrasound for Kennedy because they wanted another brother. By the end of the pregnancy, they were completely excited by the idea of a sister.

Congrats on the new job! Can't believe you are so calm about the move and the timing. Love your outlook! It sounds like a good opportunity for you guys. Good luck with everything and safe travels!!

Larsen said...

Wow. Congrats on baby girl #2! Happy moving. ew. Sorry about that. And YEAH! for a new job and being closer to family!

I hope this next job is a great change and you get to settle in a bit.

Hugs to you!

cardwellclan said...

Congratulations Becky! A little girl sounds like so much fun!! Hope everything goes great on your move too.

Taunya Spaulding said...

congrats on the new job! that's awesome!! :) good luck with the move!