Wednesday, February 6, 2008

One of Those Days...

Have you ever had one of those days where no matter what you do, your daughter wants to tell you just how frustrated she is with you? Well, we had one. Mom, play with me; mom, stop playing with me, don't you know a girl needs her space? Mom, I'm tired; Mom, why would you rock me or try to put me in my bed, there's no need for that, I'd rather sit and yell. Mom, I'm hungry; mom, if you put one single bite of squash in my mouth, I swear I'll grab the spoon and make the biggest mess possible. Yes, yes, it was one of those days today. But then I decided to make some cookies, which she wasn't too happy about, because it meant she was going in her seat. But then, she got her very first taste of cookie dough. Criticize all you want, but for one brief moment today, she looked at me and loved me. Of course, all the love was gone about 10 seconds later when I took the beater, but there was a little bit of time. So 6 1/2 months and her very first beater. If there's more days like these, who knows what other treats we'll find!

2 comments:

Katie said...

FINALLY! A post! I still check everyday, Becky...seeing what you guys are up to. She is beautiful! getting so big. hope you both are doing well. we miss you something terrible!

Chris said...

Becky, this post seriously made me cry! I cannot imagine what that day must have felt like for you- thank heaven for cookie dough eh? That may just be your secret weapon on another day like this!
Sure love you and am sure you are the greatest mommy ever!